BRUSHETTA WITH WASABI SAUCE
INGREDIENTS (Serves: 12)
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsps. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsps. mama san Wasabi
- 250g sliced cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (500g) loaf French or Italian-style bread
- 1 sheet of mama san Sushi Seaweed (cut into very thin strips with scissors)
- Preheat the oven’s grill.
- In a mixing bowl combine the wasabi, salt, pepper and mayonnaise. Use more mayonnaise if necessary to coat the entire mixture.
- Slice the bread. On a baking tray arrange the slices in a single layer. Brown both sides of the bread slightly in the oven under the grill. Remove the slices from the oven.
- Put the cheese on the slices of toast. Grill for 2 to 3mins or until hot.
- Place a small amount of Sushi Seaweed and some of the Wasabi Mayonnaise mixture on top of the cheese.