INGREDIENTS (Serves: 4)
- 2 cups mama san Gen-Ji-Mai Rice
RICE COOKER DIRECTIONS
- Pour a cup of rice into the inner pan of the rice cooker using measuring cup provided.
- Add water as suggested by the rice cooker manufacturer.
- Let stand for 30mins. Turn rice cooker on.
- Stir and loosen rice after has been completed, then serve.
- Put 2 cups of rice into a pot.
- Add 2.4 cups water & stir lightly.
- Let stand for 15 to 30 mins.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for 20 mins.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 15 to 30 mins then serve.
INGREDIENTS (Serves: 2)
- 2 cups mama san Sushi Rice
- 2 cups water
- 80ml mama san Sushi Vinegar
- Measuring and preparing the rice
-Rinse the rice. (1 cup of 250g = 3 rolls, 2 cups = 6 rolls) with cold water until there is no more milky-looking starch coming out of it (until the water is clear).
-After you are done rinsing, take the rice and place it gently in a pot (or rice cooker if you’re using one).
-Add water (1 cup = 1.2 cups water, 2 cup = 2.4 cups water).
-For best results, leave the washed rice to soak in the water for 15 to 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cooking the rice. If cooking in a rice cooker, please follow the Rice Cooker instructions. If cooking in a pot:
-The rice should be cooked on high heat at first (covered with a lid) until the water boils.
-Then reduce the heat to minimum and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
-Remove from heat and, for best results, let stand covered for 15 to 30 minutes.
-Take out the rice with a non-metallic spoon (eg. a wooden spoon) and place on a large non-metallic tray (in a thin layer if possible to help the rice to cool).
- Seasoning the rice
-Sprinkle the mama san Sushi Vinegar on top of the rice.
-Mix thoroughly with a gentle chopping motion (using a non-metallic spoon or spatula).
-Let the rice cool down for a few minutes until it reaches room temperature.